WHY DO WE NEED WATER?
Your body uses water in all its cells, organs, and tissues to help regulate its temperature and maintain other body functions. Because your body loses water through breathing, sweating, and digestion, it’s important to rehydrate by drinking fluids and eating foods that contain water.
If you feel bloated, have headache or just worked out – DRINK LOADS OF WATER! It helps your body so much to recover and has only amazing benefits.
SOME RANDOM, BUT ALSO EYE-OPENING & IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT WATER:
(1 galloon of water contains about 3.7 liter)
[/fusion_text][fusion_text columns=”” column_min_width=”” column_spacing=”” rule_style=”default” rule_size=”” rule_color=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=””]
- About 70.9% of the Earth’s surface is covered with water. Without water the Earth’s temperature wouldn’t be regulated.
- 97% of the Earth’s water is salty. 2.1% is locked up in polar ice caps and less than 1% is available as fresh water.
- Compare: It takes 15,000 litres of water to produce 1 kg of beef / it takes 120 gallons of water for one egg / for 1 chicken, we need 330 gallons of water (3 more reasons to go vegan 🙂 )
- A five-minute shower uses 200 litres of water.
- Nearly a billion people worldwide have limited access to clean water.
- Water makes up about 66 percent of the human body.
- Water is the most important resource in the world.
- 7% of the fresh water on Earth is trapped in glaciers.
- Unsafe water kills 200 children every hour.
- A person can live about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Hot water can freeze faster than cold water under some conditions.
- A jellyfish and a cucumber are each 95% water.
BY THE WAY: The production of meat and other animal products requires an enormous amount of energy – so by going vegan, you’ll be helping to stop climate change. It takes more than 2,400 gallons of water to produce 1 pound of meat, while growing 1 pound of wheat requires only 25 gallons of water.
-> You save more than 1000 gallons of water per day if you change to a vegan lifestyle.
This calculator shows you how much water and other things you already could have saved: https://thevegancalculator.com/#calculator
TIPP: If you have struggles with drinking only pure water: Pimp it with a slice of lemon, some fresh peppermint or berrys to change the taste – or just add some sparkle if you like. To make sure that you drink enough during the day, only drink out of your own waterbottle (1l) – so you can calculate or make yourself challenges. I personally always drink 1-2 glasses of water as soon as I wake up, then finish my 1 liter bottle till lunchtime, 1l till 6pm and 1/2 or more till I go to bed. It always reminds me to drink. For ex.: If I don’t reach the 1l till lunchtime, I have to finish it first before I’m gonna eat my meal. No matter what. Or if you drink your water, always take 2 more sipps than you actually would.
BE WATER, MY FRIEND
Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
– Bruce Lee –